Improvements to the park and neighborhood, events, and parterships
Things we're actively working on now
Movies in the parks, songwriting, video games, and more!
Help us keep Jefferson Memorial Park and Roberts Square clean and green; join us!
Creating fun events and attractions keeps our neighborhood well traveled and enjoyable for everyone.
Great things we've done in our park and neighborhood
Paschke in the Park
Our celebration of Chicago artist Ed Paschke right across the street from the Ed Paschke Art Center introduces kids and families to art and science and promotes creativity.
Movies in the Park
We've shown Madagascar 3, Dolphin Tale, The Karate Kid (1984), Despicable Me, The Blues Brothers, Frozen (twice), and more to lawns full of excited families.
Kids love those inflatable bouncy houses. And over the past few summers they've proved it by turning out in droves for our Bouncy Tuesday events.
With the occasional summer heatwaves, we decided it would be fun to have water-related events with huge inflatable waterslides, water balloons and fun activities for cooling off.
Nostalgic Welcome and Good-Bye Events
JMPAC started a tradition of opening the spring and closing out the fall with sometimes-nostalgia-themed events, getting throwback bands such as American English and Breakfast Club to play live shows.
Winter Holiday Festival
Santa Claus came to town; he came to Jefferson Park and posed with hundreds of kids over the years. Our Holiday Festival features photos with The Jolly Elf, real live reindeer, ornament making, letters to Santa, sleigh rides, hot cocoa and more.
We're happy to support the following groups
Our Work in the Park
At JMPAC, we not only create free family events, we also help the park in other ways
- Purchased projector equipment and movie rights for display in the Park
- Created several large-scale festivals with live music and free food
- Worked with the Park District to secure recycling trash cans
- Showed many movies in the Park (so far): Madagascar 3, Dolphin Tale, The Karate Kid, Despicable Me, Cars, The Blues Brothers, Frozen (twice) and more
- Created an event (Bouncy Tuesdays) with inflatable bouncy houses through the Chicago Park District to supplement the playlot for small children
- Increased tennis court usage and improved tennis amenities, including buying glare-netting and new nets for the courts
- Supported and advocated for Esdohr house repainting and exterior renovation
- Purchased and installed an historical plaque for the house
- Supported and advocated for the restoration of the lockers inside the swimming-pool building
- Created and funded a chess club
- Bought table-tennis tables and started a tournament
- Raised over $50,000 dollars directly for Jefferson Memorial Park